And trust me, we are just as shocked as all of you. We went to our first ultra-sound appointment this morning, and got the surprise of a life-time. But since Travis usually doesn't come to my normal appointments, I guess this was the best time to find out. One is a boy and the other a girl. They are both on their own individual food sources and each is measuring right at 20 weeks. Which is where we are, so that's great! I'm sure some of you are wondering how in the world you get half way through a pregnancy and have no idea your having twins. Well, when my Doctor has done sonograms in the past he listens for just a minute, hears a healthy heart beat, and says, "baby sounds fine." And that's it. No reason to look for two if you don't know the other is there. For those of you who are still a little sceptical, here are a few of the many pictures we got.

Obviously this is the two of them together. See TWO... I told you Char! I guess it is pretty tough to get a shot with each of them in profile, but this is pretty good.

This is our little boy. It was good that neither of them was very shy.

And last, but certainly not least, is our little girl. Yes, those of you that are wondering, she is sucking her thumb. Whatever you are thinking, I thought it long before, I promise!
We are very excited! Reeling...but excited. Oh, and twins do not run in either side, and no fertility drugs were used in the process, which made it an even bigger shocker!




12 comments:
Wow congrats! That is so awesome one of each how fun! You however do not look like you are caring twins! I am so excited for you!
K I totally spelt that wrong you know what I mean.
Congrats guys. As I think I told you already...Joe's brother and sister-in-law just had twins in Oct. 1 boy and 1 girl. She made it full term and they measured right on too. They were both 6 lb babies. You can look at their blog off of ours. Good luck. How fun and exciting... Grant and Tasha are still reeling and it's been 6 months today. They have 4 under 6. :)
WOW!! I know I have said this ten times already today, but I can't believe it. I am so excited for you. Congrats!!!
Char
I just saw your status on facebook and I'm still in shock! I'm so glad you posted this on your blog - we couldn't be happier for you! Obviously this will be a huge adjustment, but you are a perfect fit for this calling in life. :) TWINS!! I still can't believe it! Jas also says 'Congrats'!!!
Seriously that is so exciting!! I am somewhat jelous of you-it would be hard but oh so worth it!! You will do great I am sure! I saw that you have Babywise mom on your blog list-are you a babywise mom then? I am-I love that website! I used it A LOT when Chloe was born! :) Congrats again!
Holy Crow!!! That is very exciting and surprising. You are going to be a very busy little mommy!! Congrats, let me know if I can do you anything for you!!!
Conrats! And can we just say... WOW! That is so exciting. Twins run on both of our sides of the families... so we never know what will happen. Once again, this is very EXCITING news!
That is crazy! How fun though! Good luck with all that!:)
I still smile every time I think of it! Hopefully you're still smiling too :) Looks like we won't be spending the month of september and October canning again. Then again.....knowing you, we probably will!
Hey Goodwins! I'm a very old friend of Travis'. Looks like you've set him straight! Congrats on the twins. Hopefully the rest of your pregnancy will go well!
I'm in shock for you! Holy cow, the fun/craziness. Congrats, Rach! Miss you.
Post a Comment